I am Jennifer Martinez of everything just so. A curriculum designer and blogger, I create resources for busy elementary teachers so they have more time to focus on what really matters – their students.
For over a decade, I taught at the elementary level with most of my experience in third and sixth grades. I was the type of teacher who never felt like she could do enough for her students and was often the first one in and the last one out of the building. My nights and weekends seemed perpetually reserved for schoolwork.
Passionate about literacy and mentoring, my committee work led to leadership roles and professional development sessions that shaped building policies in curriculum alignment, instruction, and technology. While I enjoyed my work, I soon found myself overwhelmed with little room for margin.
When I reached a point where my workload overshadowed my love of the work, I knew it was time for a change. But I didn’t want to bring change just for me. I wanted to be part of a solution that lightens the load for overwhelmed teachers everywhere. Create an environment where educators could find solutions to every day issues as well as quality, research founded teaching materials. And so I turned my passion into a business that empowers others.
My blog provides practical resources for simplifying your job and saving you time. I offer tips and strategies for developing your craft as an educator, organizing your workflow, and finding balance. My instructional materials are student tested and intended to bring rigor and engagement to your classroom while lifting the load of planning and creating from your shoulders.
Some of my most popular posts have been in my Organize to Simplify series. This six part series provides actionable steps for organizing your lesson planning process, resources, and routines to help simplify your teaching life.
A little more about my educational background…
- 12 years teaching experience in preschool, third, and sixth grade
- B.S. Ed. in Elementary Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with Literacy focus and reading endorsement
- Trained in the Orton Gillingham approach
- Member of the Association of Orton Gillingham Practitioners and Educators at the Associate Level
- Trained in the workshop approach for reading and writing at Teachers College Reading and Writing Project, Columbia University
I’ve had the privilege of working with the following professional organizations:
- National Education Association Master Teacher
- Contributing writer for the International Literacy Association
- Teacher Consultant for the Ohio and National Writing Projects
- BetterLesson Master Teacher Project
- Scholastic Teacher Advisory Panel
- ScootPad Teacher Advisory Panel
Thank you for reading. I look forward to working together!